Monday, October 24, 2011

Smith's Summit

We took a quick trip to the cabin at the end of September. As usual, we made sure to get plenty of 4-wheeling packed into each day.
The boys beg each and every minute of every day for an adult to take them for a spin.
The cabin got right down chilly in the evenings. Who sleeps in on a vacation!?!? Not kids! Since the adults were still warm in their beds, I made some hot chocolate to help warm up the kiddos.
Good morning, Pup!
Ahhhhhh.....brrrrrrr! While making the hot chocolate I decided to look outside. Only the end of September and already snow. Tanner and I loved it and wanted to sing Christmas songs....Kristin and John moaned and wanted to go back to bed.
The kids don't seem to mind. They kind of look excited, no?
So, needless to say, since it was colder than anticipated, we were fortunate to have brought plenty of crafts. Such as Halloween wood art,
finger nail painting parties,
......and yes, after much coercing, even the boys joined in the fun. However, they couldn't stand it very long. Even though we were in the mountains with no one around, they had to quickly use the polish remover to erase all evidence. Blackmail picture? :)
As soon as the snow melted, there were muddy roads and big puddles everywhere. The pro is that there was no dust for the people in the rear, and the con....well, it turned out to be a pro too. I was making Blake go around the puddles in hopes of staying clean and dry. However, each time he would turn around in hopes that Kristin would not see the puddle and hit it straight on. He thought it would be super funny! Well, sure enough, once he saw how much fun they had, and how relatively dry they stayed, Blake wanted to give it a try.
I was more than willing to hop off and take the picture while McKenzie and Blake enjoyed the puddle. Little did I know the depth of the mud just off the side of the road......yuck!
Homemade Oreos were made by all....YUMMO. And before we left, why not do a few more crafts.....Halloween mugs and pumpkin collages.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Boy, you sure know how to have fun!