Sunday, October 2, 2011

The end of a "life-style".....

This may look like just a house to you, but to the Becker family it is an "inspection". I have been doing inspections for 7 1/2 years.....ever since we moved back to Utah. It was an excellent part-time job that I could do on my own schedule and that as a whole I enjoyed doing.....until recently. I would inspect during the day and after the kids went to bed I would enter results and get the next route ready, which often took 'til all hours of the night. Staying up until 1 or 2 a.m. started to wear on me and make me a grouchy mama/wife/sister/daughter/friend. John has been telling me to quit for a long time now. But I just couldn't imagine life without "inspections". I mean really, they have been a part of my life for longer than my last 3 kids! However, I finally decided I didn't like who I was during the day, I didn't like how they were always at the back of my mind, I didn't like making the younger two kids subject to "inspections" when I really wanted to be playing with them. When it came right down to it, after all the changes the company had made over the past 7 years, all I really LOVED anymore was the weekly pay-check. And that was not reason enough to put my husband, kids, sister, mom, friends, and myself second. Soooooo, the first week in August......I QUIT. I sent my final download, sent off a parting e-mail to my regional, got all my kids in the car and we headed to the lake to play for the day in celebration!!!
No more inspection sheets,
or Garmin shouting out the streets.
No more exteriors,
no more interiors.
No more signing in,
no more flooding within.
No more checking out the deeps,
no more pics of toilet seats.
No more problems due to incorrect codes
and chains,
no more completing inspections in torrential rains!
No more walls covered in mold,
this gig just got TOO OLD!
Splashing and frolicking out in the sun,
Hanging out with my kids is MUCH more FUN!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I needed this post today. I work doing invoicing PT for Tom...and seriously - all I enjoy about it is the paycheck. I would rather be playing in the lake. I am quitting tomorrow thanks to this post. THANKS YOU!!!

Amanda said...

Way to go Alisa!