Tuesday, August 10, 2010

BucKeT LiST #13...

Sleeping out in the backyard. The kids thought it would be so fun, and it was. I can honestly say I got a good nights sleep. We didn't want to be covered in mosquito bites when we awoke, so we stayed out under a bug tent. After all the blankets, pillows, and sleeping bags were out, right before we were going to settle down for bed, the kids came running inside proclaiming they no longer wanted to sleep out. I said, "Of course we are, let's go." They proceeded to tell me they saw a mouse in the bushes clear down by the tramp. (Our neighbors just dug up their entire backyard, put down sod, dug tree holes, poured a foundation for a shed, etc....so I'm sure the poor little guy was homeless and just looking for some new digs.) Anyhow, if you know me at all, you know I am not a fan of creatures either. But I knew that I already had all four sides of the bug tent so pegged down that nothing was going to get us. So we all went out, fell asleep, and everyone but Kenzie slept right through the short rain shower at 2:30 am. The next morning as I was bringing in the blankets under Blake's pillow I found the pocket knife he had bought at the boy scout trading post a few days before. I asked him what that was for and he said, "I brought it out to protect you all from the mouse." How CUTE is that!?!?!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

What a guy! I'll bet you feel a lot safer with Blake and his knife around. I love having my boys watch out for me like that.