Tuesday, January 25, 2011

This year on New Year's Eve we....

We decided to hang out with just our kids in the comfort of our home. We let the kids all choose a treat or two that would be yummy dipped in chocolate. We also bought a few glow sticks since they are ALWAYS a hit.We went to Grams house earlier in the evening to sing happy birthday and taste some of her yummy marzipan birthday cake. We then headed home and quickly got into our jammies. We did a lot of snuggling...
Playing on the iPad...
Battling Bey Blades...
Eating and playing connect four...
Doing whatever it takes to keep your eyes open until mid-night...
Blowing horns...
Making NOISE and whatever it is he is doing...Making a toast to 2011...
Going outside to spray silly string and listen to all the pots, pans, and fireworks...
Blowing horns (again) and freezing to death...Amazing how quiet the world is just 10 minutes into the New Year. A nice drifting snow to end the holiday season. We had a great 2010 and look forward to an even better 2011!

3 comments:

missy said...

It looks like not only do I need some cake decorating classes but I also need some blogging classes from you. I love your blog. It's so cute!!!!!

Stacie said...

Sounds fun!!

Amanda said...

Way to celebrate family style! I especially liked your technique for keeping your eyes open. I'll have to borrow that one.