Thursday, January 13, 2011

Our Secret Shopping Spree

While at Toys R Us one night, John and I were looking for something for Karissa for Christmas. We found her the cutest baby doll and that was all we had for her. So we walked the isles of the toddler section and it seemed we had one of EVERYTHING on the shelf....even two of some things. So we decided to go home and finish our shopping in the basement.
For an hour or so we were down in the basement on our hands and knees going through the mess of toys that is in our basement. It was the perfect idea!!! We knew exactly which toys had brought the kids the most fun when they were her age. So we brought them up, cleaned them off, put new batteries in them, etc. Also I LOVED the return policy of the basement store. John got a little carried away on his shopping spree and brought up a few items that would "blow our cover". So I simply set the toys at the top of the stairs and within seconds the return was made...no questions asked, no receipts needed!
The finished product was a fun-filled Christmas morning for our little Boodie. The older kids even had fun playing with "their" toys. The only comment made by anyone was, "Mom, I think we already have some of those exactly same Little People down stairs". My reply was simple...."Do we?"

2 comments:

Tanner and Kristin said...

BRILLIANT! I wish I could get away with that :) I have a child that definitely would have caught on. She has an inventory of everything in this house...I swear!

Amanda said...

Smart parents!