Thursday, February 4, 2010

Catch-Up

Cousins from Georgia, came and went. They boys had lots of fun. When the cousins from Georgia aren't here, the family is very lopsided...to many little girlies and not enough rough-and-tough action taking place to keep them busy. Mom was a softy and even checked Blake out of school half a day early to play with Brenner and Cayden.
Playing with Brenner and Cayden at the Tree House Museum in Ogden.
Our 11th anniversary also came and went. We went to The Alaskan up Ogden Canyon and it was beautiful. We stayed in the Totem...and outdoorsy themed room. It snowed non-stop the entire time and out our big windows was nothing but mountains with pine trees blanketed in snow. LOVE IT!
John doesn't like the snow as much as I, but hey, what do ya do?
Brooke's cute hair cut, came and went too. I gave Brooke her first ever hair cut at almost 3 years old. I just leveled out the back and cut her a few wispy bangs. I thought it a good idea and it did look cute until she figured if mom can, so can I!!! Two days later I thought her bangs looked kinda crooked, so I fluffed them with my fingers to discover that she had cut her hair. She cut some of her bangs within centimeters from her scalp and literally layered her entire left side above her ear. I asked her if she cut her hair, and she simply stated, "yes" as if no harm had been done. I found her with 5 (YES 5) pair of scissors in the living room and chunks of light blonde hair on the floor. Let's look on the bright side....at least she didn't cut her ear off. :)
Brooke got into McKenzie's watercolors, climbed into Karissa's crib, wet the watercolors with her mouth (as is evident) and painted on the wall speaker, the bumpers, the crib, her clothes, and the wall. LUCKILY for me, it all wiped up with just a wet rag. I LOVE watercolors!

2 comments:

The Smith's said...

Hey~ I think you have better pictures of the coussin trip than we do! Fun anniversary pics. And as for little Brooklet, knowing how calm, reserved and propper you were as a child, how did you ever end up with a little girl as "spicy" as she is (must be the John piece?), very funny! =)

Amanda said...

The cousins definitely look like Smiths. Fun to see the family resemblance. That Brooke is a handful! Love the watercolor picture! Glad you and John were able to get away for your anniversary. Parents really need that recharge every now and then.