Thursday, February 18, 2010

Pinewood Derby Car...er Cake

The theme this year for the Blue and Gold Banquet was Scouting's 100th Birthday. The ward asked me if I'd help make the birthday cake. So as always, I said I'd love to! It needed to serve 90ish so I knew I had to think BIG. That night I started to brainstorm (the best ideas come in the middle of the night). The first thing I think about when I think of Cub Scouts is the yearly Pinewood Derby race. So a Pinewood Derby track and cars it had to be!
On your marks, get set, go....
the Wolf car is in the middle of the pack...
Bear #2 trying to close the gap...
GO, GO, GO...
It's official, the Blue Bobcat wins the race!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

WOW! I'll bet those scouts (and their parents) were impressed! You're amazing!

dtbjacobson said...

That doesn't even look like a cake! It turned out so awesome!! Can't wait to see how Darren's cake turns out!?! :-) he he jkin! Once again you've out done yourself. Mom said see didn't get to see it all finished... she loves it too!
TARA and MOM :-)

Tanner and Kristin said...

You are one AmAzInG chick-a-dee. I keep hoping that some of your talent will rub off on me...no such luck yet!!

The Smith's said...

Wow! Those topsie turvy cakes are great- but that is very creative- Again Duff- Way to go! Thats awsome! Brenner's packs pinewood derby is this month, do you think there is still time for you to make us one!

flybybry said...

Oh. my. goodness. You outdo yourself every time I blink.
(this is Stacie by the way)

Diann said...

You are so awesome!! I am so glad that you posted that cake!! I heard that it was amazing and everyone was right!! You are truly TALENTED!!! Again and Again - I'm so glad that you are my friend!!!

Sarah said...

Incredible!!!! I hope you made your kids car the winner :)