Friday, November 25, 2011

Duet Piano Recital

The kids first piano recital was a duet recital. They were assigned a song and a partner to play with. They practiced their part until they had it down pat and then practiced several times with their partners. They were supposed to dress according to the title of their song. McKenzie and Seth practiced A LOT and were a little bit nervous when thinking about the upcoming recital. Blake on the other hand practiced as little as possible and was not nervous AT ALL....until the moments before. The picture above tells all. Brevin and Blake announcing their musical number....Jazz Rock Clock.
Now that's concentration!
Blake's partner forgot to bow, as he walked away, Blake shrugged his shoulders and took his bow as instructed by their piano teacher.
Next up was Kenz and her partner playing "The Rainbow". They had fun coming to our house and tie-dying their shirts together. They even made tie-dyed socks and a fun rainbow hair bow. They did wonderful! It was one of the better pieces played at the recital. Duets can be VERY tricky.....especially for kids. They stayed right together.
A well-deserved bow......nice socks!
Seth and his partner, Colt. They played a piece titled, "I am Sad". They dressed as mimes and we painted tear drops on their cheeks.
They both knew their parts and had them memorized to perfection. However, they are so new to piano that they had a tricky time staying or getting back together when the timing got off. Other than that, they did awesome! Nicely done guys, Mom and Dad are so proud of you! I was surprised how NERVOUS I was for them from the moment we sat down......and how excited I was to hear them play. I have to admit, I thought that could only happen at sporting events. ;)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, what an awesome piano teacher to have all the students do duets- that's great experience for the students! Looks like a fun night- even though it was a bit nerve racking.

Sarah said...

How cute! My girls just had their first recital too, but it wasn't duets - that's a fun idea!