Saturday, August 27, 2011

WhY iS tHe bACk Of yOur CaR SoOoooO diRty?

I LOVE drive-in movies theaters. There just aren't too many around anymore, but lucky for us we have one not too far away. One night this summer we all went to see Mr. Popper's Penguins. The show was alright, but the memories were priceless. Every time I've ever been to a drive-in, memories just seem to create themselves. ;) LoVE tHaT.
Seth goofing off, Blake hunkered down claiming his spot in the back of the truck, Kenzie just chilaxin', and me.....um, putting the finishing touches on sharing time.We stopped at Bajio and got dinner and then arrived at the drive-in early enough to get a good spot. While we waited we tried to arrange our blankets and pillows to get as comfy as possible. The truck was so high off the ground that I made John get down to take all the pics.
Now, I'm skipping topics, but promise to tie it all in at the end. I LOVE Smurfs. Just the other day I was looking at my baby book with Karissa and guess what I was for Halloween in 1981???? A Smurf. In my playhouse growing up I had wooden Smurfs on the walls, Smurf wallpaper, Smurf curtains, Smurf stuffed animals, etc., etc. So when we saw that McDonald's was giving out Smurfs in their Happy Meals, John warned the kids. (He knows I only get the kids Happy Meals when I like the toy inside.) We have NEVER got the entire collection of Happy Meal toys.....just not that diligent. But after LOTS of nuggets, hamburgers, and fries, I am proud to say, we do have all the Smurfs!!! Did you know if you get all of a collection you can enter to win the display? Who knew?!?!?
We learned that if you go to a McDonald's in Wal-Mart your chances of getting the "hard to find ones" go up. Sooooo, knowing that, I Googled whether or not we could just buy the toy and not the food. And sure enough, you can. Tired of the food mentioned above.....I decided to try it. They were a little more pricey than the internet said they were, but the employees were more than happy to help us dump and dig until we found every last little blue friend.
When we saw Smurfs was playing at the drive-in, we knew we had to see it there. When the 11 year old scouts went on their over-nighter and took our dads, we decided to go see the Smurf movie with the Biglers. This time the moms ate at Jimmy Johns and the kids ate at......where else, McDonald's of course! After lots of popcorn, licorice, candy, cherries, and soda, the back of the truck and the back of our car looks a lot like the floor of the local dollar theater. The day after we went to the drive-in we were picking up a little neighbor boy from piano and he said, "Why is your car so dirty?" I told him we went to the drive-in and asked him if he'd ever been. He said no. Poor guy....he is missing out!
"Laaaaa, laa, la, la, la, la,....Laaaaa, la, la, la, laaaa."

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I bought just the collector Star Trek cups with no food when they had them a few years back at Burger King.