Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Brooke's First Day of Pre-School

After much debate, John and I decided since all three of the older kids were now in school all day, I would have the time to work on the basics with Brooke at home, rather than enrolling her in two years of pre-school. I figured it would be great one-on-one time with my "Angel Baby" while the other kids were at school and Karissa was down for a nap. After a few weeks of the kids being in school, we still hadn't done much more than read books together. So I saw an add for a school that had a lot to offer and I thought I'd "look into it". I went to the school to sign her up and they said they were full. Bummer. I came home and looked on-line and it showed two openings. So I clicked the enroll button and to make a long story short, there was a mix-up and somehow I was able to enroll Brooke even though there was a waiting list??? We figure it was "meant to be". So Brooke and I ran to get a few school outfits and as you can see by the picture SHE choose her backpack.
She was very excited to go to school like the big kids. However, once she got there she grabbed my shirt and would not let go. I waited out in the hall to make sure she would be okay, luckily she only cried for a couple of minutes. I was not too worried for her, since she is a social little gal and likes to play with friends. However, it is always bitter-sweet when I leave my kids at school for the first time.
What a cutie. I love my little Brooklet. She is so full of life and love, yet still has plenty of spunk. Look at this face....they better watch out and keep an eye on this one!

2 comments:

Tanner and Kristin said...

Brooklet looks soooo cute! Her hair is darling...you'd never know she hacked it with the scissors at MY HOUSE. Still sorry about that one ;).

Tanner and Kristin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.