After being soooooooooo close for so many months, our little Boodie is finally walking. She has had great balance for quite some time....she is simply a chicken. For the longest time she just wouldn't let go of the couch, of our finger, or of anything that felt secure! She even walked from person to person (about 8 steps) for an entire month, before she ever decided to let go on her own and take off. She LOVED going back and forth between mom and dad, being pulled up each time onto our laps, so we could all clap before trying it again. She even clapped for herself each and every time. I guess she figured walking was a game...not something that was required. She would even put the kids flip-flops on her hands and crawl around the house with them in between her little fingers. In the end, at 15 months old, Karissa is the latest of all our kids to walk. Some say it was because there were plenty of kids to carry her where she wanted to go. For whatever reason, #20: Teaching Boodie to Walk is accomplished. (Whether I wanted her to or not. I just want to keep her little.)Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
#20....Finally
After being soooooooooo close for so many months, our little Boodie is finally walking. She has had great balance for quite some time....she is simply a chicken. For the longest time she just wouldn't let go of the couch, of our finger, or of anything that felt secure! She even walked from person to person (about 8 steps) for an entire month, before she ever decided to let go on her own and take off. She LOVED going back and forth between mom and dad, being pulled up each time onto our laps, so we could all clap before trying it again. She even clapped for herself each and every time. I guess she figured walking was a game...not something that was required. She would even put the kids flip-flops on her hands and crawl around the house with them in between her little fingers. In the end, at 15 months old, Karissa is the latest of all our kids to walk. Some say it was because there were plenty of kids to carry her where she wanted to go. For whatever reason, #20: Teaching Boodie to Walk is accomplished. (Whether I wanted her to or not. I just want to keep her little.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Well I guess if she is walking, it is time to start on another one! The Baby stage is gone! =) Cute Pictures, looks like you all have been very busy this summer with your bucket list- Fun Stuff! Have your boy’s ship one of those pigeons here to Atlanta and see if it finds its way home. We could start a pigeon mail service!
Walking is my favorite baby stage. Go Brooke!
I mean Karissa. Sorry. Your nickname threw me off.
Post a Comment