Monday, June 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Blake!

***If you think your mind is playing tricks on you and that this is almost a repeat of two previous blog posts, then you are right. It is the 3rd birthday in our family in the last 14 days! Eight years old....WOW! How did my little Buddy get so big, so fast!?! Some times I just look at him and wonder where all the time went. He sure is a fun little guy to have around. He has a ton of energy, loves to be outside, and loves playing with his siblings and friends. At duck park he loves to feed the ducks, geese, swans, and seagulls. Luckily for McKenzie and me, he loves to keep us safe from seagull attacks by running towards them yelling and stomping his feet and waving his arms. He also cannot pass up an opportunity to play at the park or on a playground.
Blako LOVES sports. He just finished soccer, and is now in the middle of baseball season. This is his last year of machine pitch and he is doing great. Some kids get so visibly upset when they strike out, but not Blake. He usually hits, but one game he struck out every time. On the way home I asked him what he thinks was different and he said, "I don't know. I just think maybe it was the bat. I'm going to bring my bat next game". That's the spirit...blame it on the bat! Hee, hee. (He did bring it to the next game and did hit each time he was at bat. However, he left it at the game so we no longer have a bat...too bad.)
Blake spends a lot of time riding his bike with he best friend Eli. He also enjoys going on bike rides with me. Last year one of our favorite things to do together was go on "night-rides". After getting all the other kiddos in bed, I would sneak up, get Blake out of bed, and we would slip out into the garage to go for a bike ride in the dark. He LOVES one-on-one time with mom....and so do I! :) He has had his first bike for 3 years now and he has but lots and lots of miles on it. We definitely got our money out of that little green bike. It was so used, that we couldn't even pass it down to Seth. So for his birthday, Blake wants a new bike. At first he just wanted a bigger bike, but after he discovered that my bike had gears that made it easier to ride, he quickly changed his mind. He doesn't care what color the bike is or what it looks like, just so long as it has gears. It's great to be 8....Happy Birthday Buddy!

4 comments:

Tanner and Kristin said...

Happy birthday, Blake! I can't believe all of these birthday posts...you are one busy, cake-makin', present-buyin', party-throwin' lady!!

The Smith's said...

Happy Birthday Blakers! Eight is great!

dtbjacobson said...

Cute cute posts! I remember Blake-o as a newborn on the Lake Powell trip when you ran out of formula for him! I'm sure glad he made it through that experience! One more birthday to go in June and you are off the hook for a few months! :-)

Amanda said...

I loved hearing about your "night rides". What a fun thing to do! And how have I known you all these years yet been unaware of your seagull phobia?