Thursday, December 8, 2011

Leaves

It's so fun that each year we are getting more and more leaves.  Can't wait until our trees are gigantic!
Karissa getting in one last mowing before the snow flies.
Blake always loves raking the leaves into a HUGE pile.
Seth also was furiously gathering leaves for his pile.
Once they each had their piles, they began to make the world's largest nests.
Think he has been hanging out with the pigeons too long???
They decided that our yard did not have enough leaves, so they went from door to door asking our neighbors if they could rake and take their leaves.  Needless to say, none of them said no.
While they were gone.....
an intruder came....
...and made herself right at home.
Blake has been eyeing this big boy lawnmower ever since we got it last year.  John has let him ride with him, but never by himself.  I asked Kenz if she wanted to try it out and she quickly shook her head and said, "no way!"  Later when Blake came outside, I asked him and he didn't hesitate at all.
Hopefully John doesn't read this post.  However, next spring when I tell him Blake is capable of mowing the lawn, he probably won't mind a bit. ;)
Now we have two intruders.
Ahhhhh, Brookie loves that puppy!!!
Milo sporting his new sweater.
Milo and Blake sitting in his pile of leaves to make sure the intruder stays away.
Every time one of the boys leaves his nest, the other rakes a few of the other's leaves into their own pile.  I guess as long as they sit there forever, all is well.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Your children are awesome to watch and I LOVE all the pictures. Seriously though, how do manage to get all those pictures? I guess I just had mine too close together, there's hardly a minute to spare and if I stopped to take pictures of things like this it could be deadly. :)