Friday, May 7, 2010

Off-Track

During May the kids went off-track for the last time before changing grades. Since this spring has been so cold and wet, we didn't get to do much outside. So when we got tired of singing, "Rain, rain, go away, come again another day" we decided to play inside. We headed to the Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy. It was VERY fun and we learned a lot too.
Nice to see the kids still enjoy their map fetish which was first discovered last year while at Disneyland. They LOVE to study the maps for every and all attractions we visit.
The penguin encounter was fun to watch. They were super active and there was an employee teaching about them and answering questions the entire time. Very neat!
Keep growing Brooklet!
By far, the highlight of the day was the sting ray petting tank. The kids didn't want to leave. I can't believe Kenzie even touched them and thought it was cool. They tried to get me to touch them...and I thought about it for about 1/8 of a second and ya...no.
At the souvenir trap on the way out they each found a different colored, stuffed animal that they had to have. And I admit, I'm a softy when it comes to souvenirs...even if we were only in Sandy. We never go wrong around our house with stuffed animals anyhow. The kids play with stuffed animals ALL the time.
Shipwrecked!
Playing in the sea coral.
Pup checking out the different kind of fish native to Utah.
I simply love hanging out with 5 of my 6 best friends.
We have a TOAD-ally great time together!

No comments: