Monday, December 21, 2009

The Plague

What do you do when all 5 kids fall ill? GET ORGANIZED and hope you stay well. All 5 kids were so sick on the 18th that they hardly got off the couch or bean bags for two days. They had it all...sore throat, cough, fever, chills, headaches, stuffy nose, sinus/eye pressure, and the best of all throwing up around the clock. So, I got myself all organized with medicine for each ailment, plenty of Sprite and Popsicles, and kept track of who and when I gave what to. YIKES!
Each kid had their own bowl (since kids never can make it to the sink). Luckily they all got it at once and it was over in 3 days, except for the cough that always lingers. I feel bad when the kids get so sick that they don't even want to play, but I do like that the house gets extremely calm for a day or two.

3 comments:

The Smith's said...

That picture of the kids all still and quiet looks like heaven to me! =) It was me this year that wanted to be still and quiet and the kids still run and nake all kinds of noise! Looks like you have all been very busy~ see ya in several weeks!

Amanda said...

Wow, that's organized! Impressive. I've never managed to have all my kids sick at the exact same time. They always get it one at a time so that it lingers for weeks on end...and then I get sick. Hope everyone is back to their old mischief again!

Sarah said...

poor pups!!! so sad...especially the tiny on the beanbag! Glad they are all feeling better!