Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Nothing Like Basketball

Kenz loves to play basketball.  So I checked the box saying that I'd be willing to coach if needs be.  With the last name Becker, it was no surprise when the called to ask if I'd coach.
When the kids get to be this age they must attend the draft.  All the coaches get to come watch the players and then we all go into a room and pick our teams.  As luck would have it I picked the biggest number which meant I got last pick of the first round...but first pick of the second.  It was pretty intense with coaches wanting to trade and swap players after the draft had ended.
 After the first month of practices I was convinced we'd do pretty good, but even more important, we had a very fun group of girls. 
 Kenz bringing the ball down.
In the end, we only lost to one team (twice).....the same team we ended up playing in the finals.  It was soooo intense and I simply LOVED coaching these cute girls. 
We ended up winning the undefeated team who had also won in the finals the past several years!!! I never thought coaching could be that fun.  Maybe something to do once the kids all get in school???

No comments: