Monday, October 11, 2010

Turning 10 on 10-10-10

I cannot believe our little McKenzie is TEN! This was a very special and fun birthday for her. McKenzie turned ten years old on the tenth day of the tenth month of the tenth year in 2000. It took some thinking to figure out just how many people will ever have this happen to them in their lifetime. Here is what we came up with. First of all you had to be born in the year 2000, secondly you would have to have been born during the first 12 days of the month, and lastly you would have had to be born on the day that was the same as your month number. Have I confused you yet? (ie., 1/1/2000, 2/2/2000, 3/3/2000, 4/4/2000, etc.) We thought it was a pretty cool birthday!
Kenz has been saving up her babysitting money to either buy a laptop or a Kindle. All she asked for for her birthday was a few board games. Since she loves to read, we surprised her with her very own Kindle. I tried my hardest to make her cake look just like her Kindle.
We had Grams, Pa, Uncle Justin, and Mackays over for her traditional spaghetti and meatball dinner.
Complete with a picture of her eating her noodles. We have a shot of her just like this for every year since she turned one. What a cutie!
She was SO surprised when she opened her Kindle. She had absolutely NO idea. (It's fun to actually pull off a surprise once in awhile.)
Read away my friend....read away!
She wanted a chocolate cake and her only request was that it was "baked and frozen" before decorating. Why? Because she has listened to me and watched me make waaaaaay too many cakes to want just any old cake. She knows all my secrets!
I love Grandma Mackay's face in this picture and wanted to blog it.
Happy Birthday Kenzie Benz. We hope all your dreams and wishes come true. Let's make the next ten years as fun and memory-filled as the past 10. We love you!

2 comments:

Harris said...

You have been a busy little blogger!! Impressive :) Love the halloween costumes... I always want a them too, but can never get everyone to agree! I've never seen a candy trading session quite like that, I like it though! Good idea... I think you guys have the most fun out of anyone I know! You are seriously the coolest mom :) By the way... I would love to come and live at the Becker's so that I could drink homemade root beer every night of the week! It was amazing! What a cute little family!

dtbjacobson said...

Awesome cake! Happy birthday best bud@