Several weeks ago John's mom called me on the phone just to tell me how lucky our kids are to have me for a mom and what a wonderful job I am doing as a mother. She lives in Denver and doesn't get to see the kids as often as she'd like so this blog is the only way she "fills in the cracks" from one visit to the next. I would like to dedicate this post to her.
Over the course of the summer we did everything on our "Bucket List" except #5 and #16. We did the things we really enjoyed two or three times. However, we all know a bucket is never full...there are always little cracks in between the BIG Plans and sometimes those things are the most fun and create the most memories....they are what life is made of, the day-to-day activities.
One last fall trip to the cabin. It was absolutely beautiful! Before we left we decorated the cabin for Halloween. (Grams and Pa were going to be coming up later that week...we thought it would be a fun surprise.)
Spooky!
One last 4-wheeler ride!
We hope to make it up to the cabin this winter. Hopefully next time we will be driving snow mobiles.
This summer the Activity Day girls did a fundraiser to earn money for their activities and for their day camp next summer. So we decided to do a "Need a Cake, But Don't Want to Bake?" fundraiser. It has been a HUGE success! So we have been making and delivering LOTS of cakes and cupcakes for all different occasions.
For the Young Women... "Worth of a Soul" Cake
Car rides.....to and from soccer games, the cabin, the lake, the park, etc. We fill it up just like a bus!
The first day of school for Seth (1st grade), Kenz (4th grade), and Blake (3rd grade)
Brooke and Karissa hangin' in the summer sun with mom while the big kids are at school.
Lining up aluminum cans, collected by Uncle Justin, so mom can smash them with her car.
Kenz at Camp Fife with her Activity Day friends. In the past it has been very fun....this year was a complete JOKE! The other leaders and I just had to make light of all the odd things that were planned for this camp this year. The management changed and so did the atmosphere and attitude of the helpers. Next year we are going to plan it ourselves and have loads of fun!
Splash, splash!
Brooke and Karissa swimming at Ollie's pool.
Brooke taking a turn in the jet ski
Time to dry off...except for the big kids who threw the torpedoes into the deep end after mom was all dried off. Back in you go mom!
Eli and Blake at the infamous chalk walk (can't wait to do this again)!Linda, I have thought about your phone call almost daily. It meant so much....thanks for picking up the phone that day!

4 comments:
I have to admit, the title of your post made me nervous. Too much talk of cracks lately ;) How sweet of your mom-in-law....I can't image how good that made you feel! But, she's absolutely right - you're the bestest mom around!!
I'll admit it too.... I was thinking about the same kind of cracks!!! It's true you are such an amazing and inspiring mom. Every time I look at your blog I think I need to be a "cooler" mom like Alisa! Maybe I'll just steal all of your ideas :)
What a fun post! P.S.-- this is me commenting on your post! :-)
You really are the "Mom of the Year!" My kids always want to know what Alisa has planned for us to do!! I appreciate your example and hope that someday I will be a cool mom like you!!
Post a Comment