Thursday, July 5, 2012

Seth's Baptism Announcement
While I was cutting Seth's hair the night before his baptism, Seth asked me, "What happens to all the kids who don't want to be baptized?"  I told him no one is ever forced to be baptized, everyone who is 8 or older has the choice of whether or not they are ready.  I asked him what made him think about that, and he said he had looked up baptism on Google and read that some kids choose not to be.  I asked him what he thought about baptism and he assured me that he was ready.  I LOVE that Seth is so inquisitive and always thinks about the future.  We love you Pup!
Two very proud parents and one excited little boy
Welcome to my special day!
Dad and Seth
On their way to the baptism font
The only two kids from our ward to be baptized this month with Seth and Paityn.  It was fun for Kristin and I to make plans and make party plans.  For some ODD reason Pai and Seth acted like they didn't even know or like each other, weird considering how much time these two kids spend together.  They were equally ODD on the stand the next day at church when the bishop had them stand and introduce them as the newest members of our ward.  They both looked sooooo bored and unexcited. Ha! 
 Priesthood Power
Dad, Grandpa Becker, Pa, Uncle Justin, and Great Grandpa Mackay
With guests arriving,
and the table set
the party began! 

It was EXTREMELY hot at 11:30, so with very little shade, some found relief under the tent while watching a video of Seth put together by mom and dad LATE the night before. 
 Others took to the cool grass and visited in small circles. 

 We love you Mackays!!! 
After everyone ate their fill, we quickly returned the food to the fridge (the slices of cheese were beginning to melt right on the tray!!!) and brought out dessert.  Seth LOVES snack foods.....especially cookies and milk. So in his honor we served LOTS of different kinds of cookies and plenty of ice cold milk.  It was super fun and not serving a homemade cake was definitely a first for us.  
 The kids loved the cookies buffet.
 As their moms tried to limit them to one or two, I had fun telling them to take as many as they wanted!
One of the biggest dunkers in the family is Pa.  After the cookies were brought back in from the heat, he found them and taught Zach and Karissa how long to dunk each cookie for the perfect bite.

 Thanks Seth for letting us all be a part of your baptism day!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I've probably said this before, but you sure know how to throw a party!