Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Wanna Go To The Lake?

The kids LOVE that I will just say, "Wanna go to the lake?" Within moments we are all in our swimsuits and headed for Pineview. When there are only 10 minutes from the time you decide to spend the day at the lake to the time you leave, sometime mom has to run back into the house to grab one last thing. Apparently while I was in grabbing an extra swim diaper for Karissa, McKenzie took this picture with my camera. Seth is still the most cautious of the kids. He did not want to go out where he couldn't touch....even with a life jacket. So he spent the day crab walking along the bottom of the lake and playing within 6-7 feet of the shore. The older kids tried all day to trick him into coming out further, and even tried to gang up on him and pull him out (until I told them to stop). Who knows, maybe he is the smart one.....why trust a jacket with your life??? :) They even had Karissa out with them where she couldn't touch and she was loving it. Mostly Boodie loved sitting on the floaty with me about 4 feet from shore so she could splash and jump with mom.
Brooke spend the day in this brightly colored fish floaty. The kids all ABSOLUTELY LOVE the lake. The water is so super high this year that there is close to no beach. It made it nice for me since the water was only 15-20 feet from the back of the car. Made is easy to inflate and deflate, load and unload with a ratio of 1 adult to 5 kids. We cannot wait to go again. Next time I just hope the urge to "head to the lake" hits before 12:30 so we can spend the entire day playing.

2 comments:

Diann said...

Looks like fun!!! We love the last minute calls from the Beckers for a good time!! We will have to get together soon and go to the lake!! You are such a FUN mom!!

Sarah said...

Yay! Welcome back to the blogging world. I've missed you! If I ever get to go to the lake with you...I will keep him company in the shallow end, doing the crab crawl :)