Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Saint Patrick's Day is one of our favorite holidays.
The kids happened to be off-track this year, so we all dressed up in our green, grabbed our green milk and headed to Krispie Kreme. After they had all chosen their donuts, the Krispie Kreme lady informed me that it would be a little more since it was a holiday assortment. Why do "holiday" sprinkles and green frosting cost more than normal sprinkles and white frosting?!?!?! Weird.
Yummo! Before Blake went to bed, he asked me to make sure to put out his green shirt so he could put it on right when he wakes up so the other kids couldn't pinch him. Now there's planning ahead!
Seth begs to go to Krispie Kreme. They are his favorite. Unfortunately for him, he doesn't get them too often because I do not like how I feel the rest of the day when I eat them. Yucko.
Look at the anticipation! (I don't think she's ever even been to Krispie Kreme.) The big bite.... ...followed by a nice, cold drink of green milk. Ahhhhh.
"Say Moldy-Cheese (it's green, right?)"
Brooke also LOVES donuts of any kind.
We finished off the holiday festivities with our traditional green dinner.
Corned-Beef and Cabbage, Pot-of-Gold corn, green rice, white and green swirled homemade bread, green salt, delicious green slush, green shamrock ice-cubes,

and this BeAuTIfuL rainbow jello salad that was so real looking that I was bummed not to find a pot-of-gold at the bottom of the bowl. :)

Karissa didn't care much for her dinner and threw most of it onto the floor. That's about par for her these days.

Lots of green food was eaten, fun friends were enjoyed, and lasting memories were made. We truly are lucky! Thanks everybody!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for a fabulous green dinner! We loved it!! Those pictures of Karissa at Krispy Kreme are just too cute. She looks so excited :) What a doll. Wish those sweet kiddos a "happy back-to-school" tomorrow. Your house is going to seem terribly quiet this week!

Unknown said...

What? Tanner? Hmmmm...this is what happens when he has his "own" email account. Thanks, Sanford, buddy :)

The Smith's said...

Wow- you went all out this year! That feast puts our green fettuccini alfredo to shame. But I guess you go with what the kids will eat, and ours have not grown up yet! Very cute pictures of all the kids enjoying their green doughnuts and milk!

Sarah said...

Holy cow, you are way too creative! I love it!